|COSMIC SOUNDS||HOME||ARTISTS||RADIO SHOW||CONTACTS|
Sounds Remixed just finished and should go in print later this
but some tunes are already being playlisted from CD-Rs (Crate Soul
in Straight No Chaser by Transatlantic Audio and Ennio Styles has
on Zimpala's (DJ BNX) playlist).
- Nice article about SASTANAK U STUDIJU series of three 10" in current Straight No Chaser that is btw from now on available on line in informative form.
- BBC Blast is doing feature on ARKESTRA ONE and I REALLY WANT YOU video clip, finished recently by Kas Graham, will be available from their site.
REALLY WANT YOU by ARKESTRA ONE has been licensed by JAZZ
for their Hed Kandi compilation “Acid Lounge In Space” and also for
LP/ double CD compilation "Brazilian Dimensions - latin flavoured club
tunes session 1" on Ministry Of Sound from Germany.
- ZELJKO KERLETA has finished his remix of GAK SATO - SEEING IS INVENTING. Another crazy Kerleta mix that should come out soon on Right Tempo label from Italy.
- SO HAYASHI's extraordinary debut 12" came out but UK release date will be 27 January 2003.
- COSMIC SOUNDS BELGRADE BIZNIZZ is the new radio show that we are starting on 3rd November on "Beograd 202" Yugoslavian nationally broadcast radio station (also available on internet) and will go every Sunday 23-01am local time (22-24 GMT). The show will be hosted by DUBRAVKA & DUSAN PETROVIC with ZELJKO KERLETA taking it over once a month and LES GAMMAS (Compost) program, also once a month.
promotional night on 26 October at PLASTIC
PEOPLE , with a DJ line-up from the CS
compilation. TOM WIELAND (Les Gammas / Panopticum), EDDY
RAMICH (Eddy & Dus, Kontrapunkt, Zagreb), ZELJKO KERLETA
(Cosmic Sounds, London) and resident DJ Abdul Forsyth.
- ARKESTRA ONE- SHINE track came out on "Vive Maria" compilation on German Universal label featuring also Suba / Restless Soul, Bugge Wesseltoft, Bobby Hughes Kombination, Herbert / Karin Krog, Soulstance and others... Also the whole album licensed by ESL for USA is coming out on 15 October.
( 1, 2 and 3) series of 3 ten inches is out. First ever Yugoslavian
records from 1960/61 of enormus importance for Yugoslavian jazz scene.
PAIR apearing live @ Kalemegdan on Saturday, 24th
- Nice reviews this month for:
ARKESTRA ONE in Straight No Chaser.
BELGRADE'S BURNING 2 and SUNSET-SUNRISE in Seven Update
BELGRADE'S BURNING 2 heavily supported in UK by Ross Allen on "Destination In" and many others around the world. UK release date 26. August.
and Boyan Mitrovich (Painkiller Septet) on European tour
/ Italy / Austria)
- Cosmic Sounds artists will appear live at EXIT festival in Novi Sad (Yugoslavia) between 5th-13th July. This is the biggest Eastern European festival and will be opened by Smoke City on 5th July. Zeljko Kerleta is appearing on main stage with Nuphonic on 8th July. Coxless Pair and Tubachin will also appear live on 7th July.
- Check MOJO mag (July) page 20 for really nice Cosmic Sounds feature by Ian Harrison.
an excellent half an hour mix on Ross Allen's "Destination In" on BBC
Live (30. June, 02.)
- For Serbian speaking audience check ZK interview for NIN by Ana Otasevic.
- SO HAYASHI from Tokyo and NOVA EXPRESS from Belgrade has finished their first common track. Tokyo-Belgrade connection seams to be working perfectly. Guys are obviously inspiring each other and the result is amazing. Soon to be out.
- New artists has signed for Cosmic Sounds:
BELGRADEYARD SOUND SYSTEM well known couple of radical DJs. They can be heard on B-92 radio in Belgrade every Tuesday 24-02 am. Also you can see them live at Belgrade's clubs. Check their site: BGYSS. One of them, Goran Simonoski, has finaly moved into production signed for CS and already working on debut album.
PAINKILLER SEPTET has also signed for CS label. This is another well known B-92 radio DJ who's show called "Dzumbus" can be heard every Sunday 24-02 am. He is also well known of his jazz dance happenings on "Krivi Stojko" boat and clubs "Cvijeta Zuzoric" and "Pecina".
|- Cosmic Night
on 23. May
@ Cvijeta Zuzoric, Belgrade with ZELJKO KERLETA (Cosmic
(Leftofcentre, Ulm) + BOYAN MITROVICH (Dzumbus). Boyan's debut
a producer will be on BELGRADE'S BURNING
2 (that is due next month) under the name of PAINKILLER SEPTET.
- Same line up had a fantastic gig at PECINA (The Cave) on 25th.Tough jazz dance at open air club until 4am. Something to be remembered.
- As expected, ARKESTRA ONE is on almost everyone's playlist. UK release date is on 10th June. The whole album has been licensed by ESL from Washington and you can expect American release to come out later this summer.
DA VIBEZ BOYS mix of "Once Upon A time In The City Of Kazan" from
has been licensed for RAW
DEAL's compilation Groove Sanctuary on Fuego Records.
- SO HAYASHI from Tokyo has signed for Cosmic Sounds and his first 12" will be available soon. Check the 12" catalogue.
- After two years of hard work it is finally out!!! ARKESTRA ONE debut album featuring Nina Miranda.
- Also out is something special, a huge rarity: NADA JOVIC & DUSKO GOJKOVIC QUINTET - Take Me In Your Arms. Album recorded in 1966 and previously unreleased. Dusko's quintet has the same line-up and it was done in a same year when they did Swinging Macedonia!
performance combining painting, music, contemporary dance). Italian
artist Maurizio Pio Rocchi + Verity Inge Group (professional
dancers) will improvise on violin improvisations by David Cross (ex
Crimson). After performance Zeljko Kerleta will be DJing in his
well known eclectic but mostly jazzy manner. Another DJ set will be by
DJ Tok-sin playing old skool and future funk. Venue: GALLERY
291 (art center in converted church) @ 291 Hackney Road,
tel: 020 7613 5676. Performance starts at 7PM, DJ sets at 10PM.
month in Belgrade and this will result in BELGRADE'S BURNING VOL. 2
album. Not like other compilations (my faves) this is original album
all the tracks are recorded purposely for it. Apart of previously
artists (DJ Chile, Menson Benson, Coxless Pair, Zeljko Kerleta) we have
few new names appearing this time: MINT, NOVA EXPRESS, TUBACHIN, MAGIC
DISCO TASTERS, ROBOT & BELGRADEYARD SOUND SYSTEM.
came out: BAZAAR - Rare Gems From Polish Vaults being already
the best Rare Gems so far (just wait for vol. 2) and our second 12" ARKESTRA
ONE feat. NINA MIRANDA - TRAIN TO MACHU PICHU
|PREVIOUS YEARS||2000 - 2001 - BACK TO CURRENT NEWS|